Bravo Target Safety
INDUSTRIAL FIREFIGHTERS WITH HAZMAT TRAINING
At Bravo Target Safety our priority is to get all workers home safely every day. It is our duty to conduct all operations in a safe and professional manner with accountability to our employees, clients and other stakeholders. We provide safety coordination, project planning and trained safety personnel for turn-around, construction, drilling and day-to-day field operations.
Bravo Target Safety is looking for Industrial Firefighters with Hazmat Training to join our organization.
• Comply with all of Bravo Target Safety’s and/or client’s rules and expectations
• Review and advise on emergency response plans as it relates to a specific site and scope
• Conduct site safety tours and pre-job inspections prior to completing hazard assessments
• Participate in all safety meetings
• Review SDS for hazardous materials
• Rig-in and test equipment for emergency fire response based on training, industry recommended practices, company policies and client rules and expectations
• Rig-in and test equipment for emergency HAZMAT decontamination based on training, industry recommended practices, company policies and client rules and expectations
• Don PPE appropriate to the hazard present and remain alert to the situation when high hazard operations are in effect
• Respond to all emergencies as per training
• Incident reporting and assisting in investigations, as required
• Regularly inspect emergency equipment as per training and to manufacturer’s standards
• Participate in emergency drills as required by Bravo Target Safety and/or the client
• Participate in in-house training programs on a regular basis
• Maintain emergency response apparatus as per manufacturer’s recommendations and related standards, as required (i.e. annual hose testing, regular maintenance on trucks, units kept clean and ready for emergency response)
Requirements for Firefighters, including HAZMAT:
• Be fit for duty daily
• Demonstrate leadership in all aspects of job performance
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Firefighting experience is a must
• Must have NFPA 1081 or higher (NFPA 1001).
• Must have NFPA 1002 for pump operations.
• Must have NFPA 472 Technician for HAZMAT
• Standard First Aid with CPR/AED – Level C
• H2S Alive Certification
• One of the following: CSTS/PST/eGSO if obtained prior to January 1, 2019. If you do not have any of these tickets prior to January 1, 2019 you are required to have CSO only through Energy Safety Canada
• Respiratory Protection Training
• CRC Respiratory Protection Fit Testing
• CRC Respiratory SCBA/ SAR Training
• Fall Protection Training
• Confined Space Training
• Valid Class 5 Operator’s license with clean abstract (minimum)
• Valid Class 3 Operator’s license with Q endorsement for air brakes (recommended)
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol screening (company paid)
• Preference will be given to candidates that also hold a valid NFPA 1006 rope rescue course.