CITY OF MELFORT
Invites applications for the position of:
Reporting to the Director of Works & Utilities, the Fire Chief will be mainly responsible for the management and operation of the volunteer fire department for the City. The Fire Chief will be responsible to provide fire and rescue service for the City of Melfort and the surrounding area that are members of the Melfort and District Rural Fire Fighting Society. The Melfort Fire Department has a volunteer complement of 20 fire fighters. In addition, this position will also provide bylaw enforcement and building inspection services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To plan, organize and direct all fire suppression, prevention, investigation, inspection and training activities and programs for the City.
• Manage the overall operations of the Melfort Fire Department.
• Exercise general supervision of the fire fighters of the Department.
• Assist the Building Inspector with review of building permits and plans for construction as well as inspections.
• Enforce all bylaws of the City including Fire related bylaws.
• Level I & ll Firefighter
• Minimum of 10 years related experience
• NFPA Fire Officer Training preferred
• Fire Inspector Level I
• See job description for detailed qualifications
This full-time permanent position commences May 22, 2018. Salary range for this position is dependent on experience and qualifications. We offer a comprehensive benefits package. A complete job description and qualifications listing is available on our website at www.melfort.ca/p/employment Resume and cover letter may be forwarded to:
Director of Works & Utilities
City of Melfort
Box 2230, Melfort, SK S0E 1A0
The City of Melfort wishes to thank all prospective applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Competition will remain open until position is filled.