City of Whitehorse
About your next role with The City of Whitehorse...
Currently, The City of Whitehorse has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Fire Chief who wants to wants to further career in a pivotal leadership role.
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure and Operations the successful candidate will assume overall management and responsibility of the Fire Department’s operations and activities pursuant to legislation, industry standards, and the City mandate.
• Directing, managing, planning, and leading the day-to-day and long-term operations and activities of the Fire Department to ensure ongoing worker and community safety
• Developing, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating the City’s emergency management program
• Developing and maintaining department strategic plans, standards, policies and procedures
• Building strong collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders on City and departmental initiatives
• Preparing and controlling departmental capital, operation, and maintenance budgets
As the ideal candidate, you will have a strong understanding of all facets of the fire service industry and bring with you a variety of knowledge, skills, practices, and experiences to the position that should include a record of accomplishments in:
• Managing and progressively leading a composite fire department, operational planning, financial planning/budgeting, administration, making sound business decisions and public speaking
• Building and maintaining good working relationships with key stakeholders both within and external to an organization, effectively resolving issues and conflicts
• Implementing departmental process improvements and bringing positive change to a tradition-based culture
• Effectively working with and in an unionized environment
In addition to having a genuine interest in building a career with The City of Whitehorse in the Fire Department, you should have the following certifications and qualifications (an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered):
• A degree in Public Safety Administrations, Fire Science, or a related field
• 10 years of previous related firefighting experience including at least four years of supervisory and/or management experience
• A Class 5 Driver’s License
What we can offer you
In appreciation of all your hard work and dedication on the job, you can look forward to receiving a highly competitive salary $118,890 to $133,933, depending on your experience and qualification, and up to $10,000 annual pay premium for 2018. You will also receive a great host of benefits.
For full details and to apply, please visit http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/94278
Candidates are required to apply directly to this posting at the following link:
https://whitehorse.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/index Please create an account if you do not currently have an account. All applications must be submitted through this link.