Operating Safely in Hazardous Environments, Second Edition is designed to meet the many training/certification regulations required of employees working in:
- Waste operations (including Hazardous Waste Operations and Treatment, Storage and Disposal (TSD) Facilities)
- Permit-required confined spaces and enclosed areas
- Emergency response situations
- Toxic materials—work with Asbestos, Lead, Mold/Fungi and Hazardous Chemicals
- Work at heights, on scaffolding, and in trenches and excavations
This program will easily and effortlessly lead you through a review of the knowledge necessary to continue to work in these dangerous areas, including:
- Public and workplace hazard detection
- Identification of hazardous situations and events
- Mitigation of dangers
- Operations in these dangerous environments
Providing both review materials and exercises to foster discussion and test your knowledge, this program will provide a thorough practice of skills associated with operating safely in each type of hazardous environment.
The Second Edition has been revised to reflect updates in technology, equipment, and regulations. New content includes:
- The National Incident Management Systems (NIMS): a comprehensive, national approach to incident and organizational management that coordinates both public and private responses to hazard scenarios. The NIMS is required to be adopted by all jurisdictions that support a federal activity or receive federal funding or grants.
- Basic life support review: first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) information
- Lead, asbestos, and fungal remediation protocols