Each new print copy of Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator: Pump, Aerial, Tiller, and Mobile Water Supply, Second Edition also includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are pleased to bring you Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator: Pump, Aerial, Tiller, and Mobile Water Supply, Second Edition. This second edition of Fire Service Pump Operator has been thoroughly updated to serve as a complete training solution that addresses pump operation, safe driving techniques, tiller and aerial apparatus operation, and water supply considerations. From basic apparatus maintenance to fire pump theory and advanced hydraulic calculations, this single manual covers everything a fire service driver/operator needs to know.
This edition includes the following new chapters:
- Driver Training and Selection
- Apparatus Equipped with an Aerial Device
- Driving Apparatus Equipped with a Tiller
- Operating Apparatus Equipped with a Tiller
- Testing, Maintaining, and Troubleshooting Aerial and Tiller Apparatus.
Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator: Pump, Aerial, Tiller, and Mobile Water Supply, Second Edition meets and exceeds the job performance requirements of Chapters 4, 5, 6, 7, and 10 of the 2014 Edition of NFPA 1002, Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications. Comprehensive and updated content in the second edition features:
- Actual Near-Miss Reporting System cases are discussed to drive home important points about safety and the lessons learned from these real-life incidents.
- Detailed step-by-step skill drills with which include the corresponding NFPA job performance requirement.
- Scenario-based learning tools including You are the Driver/Operator, Driver/Operator in Action, and Voices of Experience case studies to encourage critical thinking skills
- Driver/Operator Tips and Safety Tips to provide helpful advice from fireground veterans.