This full featured eBook meets the needs of the firefighter trainee who is fully connected and immersed in the capability of mobile devices to communicate, socialize, and learn.
The eBook includes features to make studying easier for students:
- Includes the 24 Chapters in Essentials of Fire Fighting and Fire Department Operations, 6th Edition.
- Both flowable text and print-fidelity views are options for viewing; readers can switch back and forth between views easily.
- Text is resizable for ease of reading.
- Page numbers are included in both views of the text so that the eBook is always correlated correctly with all student and instructor support products.
- All boxes, key terms, illustrations, photos, and tables are included in the eBook.
- Highlighting text, taking notes, and book marking information are all supported. When viewing the book online, highlights, notes, and bookmarks are retained when changing devices.
- Can be viewed online as follows: –In web browser on PC, MAC –Through the free myIFSTA app for iOS and Android devices
- Readers can download the eBook one time to one device of their choice for offline viewing.
- The eBook supports text to speech. When firefighters highlight a section of text on a Mac or PC they can hear that section. Please note that this is not the equivalent of an audio book - a robotic computer voice is the reader, and you can select no more than a page of text at a time. In addition, this feature is not available for iDevices or Android devices.
- eBook readers will be able to print “my notes” from their eBook as a study tool
- Readers will be able to print a percentage of the book.
Note: IFSTA and FPP eBooks are not compatible with Kindle or Nook.
Device Compatibility: IFSTA and FPP eBooks are not compatible with Kindle or Nook devices. The myIFSTA Android application has been certified for the following devices: Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung Galaxy S2 Galaxy Nexus (SCH-I515) Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Nexus 7 (1st Generation) Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) Asus TF101 Asus TF201