by Anthony Kastros
Following up on his bestselling DVD series Mastering Fireground Command, Anthony Kastros tackles multi-agency strategy and tactics for large-scale, all-risk incidents with Mastering Unified Command. This DVD showcases how agencies and disciplines must come together under the Incident Command System using unified command to handle the “new normal” that continually redefines emergency response in the United States.
- Introduction by former Secretary of Defense and CIA Director Leon Panetta
- Size-up methods for larger, more chaotic multi-agency incidents
- Unified Command methods for establishing command with other agencies
- Insights from more than a dozen professionals from fire, law, EMS, and type 1 incident management teams
- Simulations of dynamic and escalating incidents, including active shooter, terrorist acts, fires, and area command operations
- Visualizations of emergency operation centers and the state-federal interface
- Explanations of key tactical objectives for fire, law, and CBRNE incidents
- Synthesis of the NIOSH 5 operational factors of line-of-duty death into your command structure for safer and more effective command and control
This DVD is an important resource for fire, police, EMS, hazmat, and government agencies. The lessons learned can be applied to flood, CBRNE (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosives), active shooter, hurricane, and many other multiple agency incidents.
One hundred percent of Chief Kastros’s royalties from this video are going to fallen fire, police, and military organizations.